Bon Secours Richmond Pharmacy Residency Program enrolls four residents yearly. The application deadline is January 3, 2020. Applications may be accepted after this date at the hospital's discretion if the class is not full.
Qualified applicants are considered for admission regardless of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental condition(s), so long as the condition(s) does not limit the applicant's ability to perform the essential functions of a pharmacy resident with or without reasonable accommodation.
Successful applicants to the Residency Program will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Pharm.D. degree.
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Virginia or eligible to obtain licensure upon acceptance of the position.
- Exceptional knowledge, communication skills and leadership attributes.
The application process for the Residency Program will include the following:
- All application materials should be submitted through the PhORCAS system.
- Compose a letter of intent to apply to the Residency Program.
- Include your updated curriculum vitae.
- Submit your Pharm. D. transcripts.
- Include three (3) references in your PhORCAS application.
- Complete application on PhORCAS before January 3, 2020.
- Attend a personal interview demonstrating satisfactory oral and written communication skills. This interview is conducted only when the above application requirements have been satisfied.
- Successful candidates, as obtained through the National Match process, will receive a letter of acceptance.
- Application for employment through the Bon Secours Human Resources Department will be required upon acceptance to the program.
Requests for application materials and for information not addressed on this web site should contact:
Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Attn: Rebeccah J. Collins, Pharm.D., BCPS
8260 Atlee Road
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
The Residency Program reserves the right to modify, delete or amend statements on our web site at any time and to make changes in the application process, rotation opportunities, calendar and policies, as deemed necessary.