Temporary Visitor Restrictions
For the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities, we are limiting visitors in our facilities.
Current visitor guidelines are as follows:
COVID-19 positive patients (Visitor must check-in with patient's assigned nurse before entering room and agree to wear personal protective equipment - no exceptions)
All admitted, Emergency Department, procedural, and surgical patients
- People with signs and symptoms of illness, including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, are not permitted to visit.
- Visits are limited to people age 15 and older.
- We recommend people who are at high risk for severe illness (e.g., older adults, those with a serious underlying condition) not visit at this time.
- Doulas and community clergy/spiritual support allowed and not included as the one visitor.
- Patients with disabilities who require assistance because of such disability are allowed one support person per day for the duration of their stay.
Bon Secours continues to monitor the latest data trends in our facilities and communities to ensure visitation polices and services provided are appropriate to keep patients, visitors, associates and providers safe. In addition to completing universal screening checks for all associates, patients and visitors, Bon Secours continues to implement physical distancing in congregate settings, and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas.
The following precautions will be asked of all visitors:
- All visitors will have a temperature check and appropriate symptom/exposure screening prior to entry to the facility. Visitors presenting with a fever or symptoms suggestive of possible COVID-19 infection (per current CDC recommendations) will not be permitted to enter.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, masks are recommended, but no longer required, in our facilities.
However, visitors should not visit patients if they have recently experienced a high-risk exposure to someone with COVID-19, a respiratory illness or other symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Visitors are encouraged to remain in patient’s rooms and to alert nursing staff when they are leaving.
We recognize that this can be disappointing to our visitors, patients and residents, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health of you and our patients/residents is our top priority.
Critical Care, ICU/CVICU
In the interest of patient safety, the following visitation guidelines are encouraged:
- No more than 2 visitors at a time in the room
- Visitors ages 12 and up
Neonatal Intensive Care
Parents of infants in the neonatal intensive care unit may visit at any time unless at the request of the physician or nurse during an emergency situation.
Tuesday and Thursdays 6 pm - 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday 4 pm - 5 pm
Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center has flexible visiting hours based on patient needs. All visiting hours are subject to change based on patient condition and unit specific activities. Care Partners, identified by their badges, may stay with their loved ones 24/7. If you are visiting your loved one between the hours of 9 pm and 5 am, you will need to enter and exit the facility through the emergency department.
Complimentary valet parking for patients and visitors is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm at the hospital’s main entrance.
Our gift shop is a great place to find all kinds of gifts. It is located near the main lobby on the ground floor directly across from the visitor elevators.
The TWIG Shop Hours:
9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday
12 pm - 4 pm, Saturday - Sunday
The Southside Cafe
Patients, guests and their families can also get a hot, healthy meal (or a snack or cold beverage) in our cafeteria, the Southside Cafe. You'll find it on the ground floor adjacent to the main lobby.
The Southside Cafe serves three meals and snacks each day for visitors and staff. For your convenience, food and drink machines as well as an ATM are accessible 24 hours, 7 days a week in the cafeteria.
Breakfast Grill: 6:30 am - 10 am
Lunch Hot Line: 11 am - 2 pm
Lunch Grill: 11 am – 3:30 pm
Dinner Hot Line: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Dinner Grill: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Bistro proudly serves coffee, smoothies, and a variety of delectable pastries, snacks and sandwiches. The kiosk is located on the first floor in the main lobby.
Monday - Friday: 7 am - 12 am
Closed on weekends and holidays
Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center is a smoke and tobacco-free facility. The use of tobacco products will not be permitted on any Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center property or adjacent properties. Smoking cessation classes are offered to patients, employees and the public. Patients can discuss tobacco-free alternatives with their physician.
In order to better meet the needs of our patients and visitors, this facility offers guest wireless Internet access. Please refer to the Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center Wireless Internet Access pamphlet, located at the Welcome Desk or in your inpatient packet on how to connect to the network.