Emergency Departments (EDs) are NOT public COVID testing locations. Please contact your healthcare provider or local health department for COVID testing site locations.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please go to the nearest ED. Patients who are seen in the ED will receive a medical screening examination and a thorough evaluation. Not all patients will receive COVID testing as part of their evaluation in the emergency department.
Vaccination - including a booster for those who are eligible - continues to be the most effective way to protect against COVID.
Southside Regional Medical Center is your community health care provider, a 300-bed facility located on a 50-acre campus with nearly 400 physicians representing more than 40 specialties.
We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're more than 1,400 healthcare professionals strong. We are a center for both learning and practicing innovative medicine, with three professional schools on our campus and seven satellite outpatient centers in the Tri-Cities, including: Southside Regional Cancer Center (Petersburg), Southside Emergency Care Center at Colonial Heights, Southside Rehabilitation Services (Petersburg and Colonial Heights), Colonial Heights Imaging, a full-service diagnostic imaging center (Colonial Heights), Women’s Imaging Center (Petersburg), Cardiac Rehabilitation (Colonial Heights) and Southside Regional Wound Healing Center (Petersburg).
We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center serves the communities of Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Fort Lee and Chester and the counties of Prince George, Dinwiddie, Sussex, Surry and Southern Chesterfield.
We’re currently transitioning to a new careers listing system. While we do, please visit the page below to find all of our open positions. Thank you!
Accreditations and Awards
The following awards, accreditations and associations endorse us as a quality health care provider. We are proud to offer the level of service they represent.
- Accredited Cancer Center with Gold Commendation and Outstanding Achievement Award: American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, 2011–2014, 2014-2017
- Accredited Comprehensive Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Center: Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, 2015-2018
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, 2014–2017
- Certified Primary Stroke Center: The Joint Commission/American Heart Association, 2014-2016
- Gold Seal of Approval® for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement: The Joint Commission, 2015-2017
- Accredited Facility (Breast Ultrasound, CT, Mammography, MRI & Ultrasound): American College of Radiology