Temporary Reduced Entrance Points / Visitor Restrictions
All admitted, Emergency Department, procedural, and surgical patients
Women in labor, mother/baby, NICU
Pediatric patients under 12
COVID positive/patients under investigation (PUI’s):
- Visitation is permissible, particularly for patients at end-of-life.
- Visitation will require full PPE regardless of vaccination status, including a face covering, gown, gloves, and eye protection. Staff will assist the visitor with proper donning and doffing of this equipment.
- Visits must be approved by the nursing supervisor and/or other members of the patient’s health care team.
- Visitors should remain masked inside our facilities; this includes patient rooms.
- No visitors are allowed under 15 years of age.
- Community clergy/spiritual support allowed and not included as the one visitor.
- Patients with disabilities who require assistance because of their disability are allowed one designated support person (DSP) per day for the duration of their stay. A DSP does not exclude or prohibit a visitor, as above.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our patients, visitors, associates and medical providers, we have a temporary policy in place reducing the entrance points to Bon Secours – Southern Virginia Medical Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Hospital Main Entrance (closed)
- Emergency Department (24/7)
- Outpatient Entrance (closed)
Each hospital entrance will be staffed with Bon Secours associates to screen all patients and visitors entering the building.
Bon Secours – Southern Virginia Medical Center is your community medical provider, serving the Emporia community and its residents with inpatient, outpatient, emergency, medical and surgical services. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality health care that fits your life and lifestyle.<
We’re currently transitioning to a new careers listing system. While we do, please visit the page below to find all of our open positions. Thank you!
Awards & Accreditations
The following represent the awards, accreditations and associations who endorse us as a quality healthcare provider. We are proud to offer the level of service they represent.
- Gold Seal of Approval, The Joint Commission
- Gold Seal of Approval for Laboratory Services, The Joint Commission
- Sleep Services, American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Vascular Lab, Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICVAL)
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation, ACC Accreditation Services
Community Health Needs Assessment helps identify areas of needs in community.
Bon Secours Insiders will be our ongoing community panel. Your feedback will give us helpful insight into our patients’ needs and priorities and help us make decisions that will improve your health care.
Bon Secours Southside Medical Center in Petersburg, Virginia, today received a Flexmort CuddleCot™ system as a gift from a local family who recently suffered the loss of their newborn child.
Bon Secours leaders, Bishop Knestout celebrate milestone with hospital blessings.
Bon Secours sent a renegotiation notice to Anthem Health Plans of Virginia, Inc. (d.b.a. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem)) with the option to terminate the current contract. This means that a potential termination date was set for December 1, ...