Welcome to Bon Secours Rheumatology Center, a department of Richmond Community Hospital.
If you have a question, please call us at 804-217-9601. Caring for patients is our top priority and physicians will be alerted if there is an urgent medical situation. We strive to answer every call; however, if you reach our message service, please leave your name, date of birth, two telephone numbers and your questions so that we can respond to you promptly. If at any time you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. If at any point you feel that your condition requires attention before your scheduled appointment, please let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you as quickly as possible. In order to provide you with the best possible care, please bring a list of all current medications, any up-to-date medical information and your insurance card. If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact us 24 hours in advance.
Insurance and Payment Information
We take most insurance plans including Medicare. If a co-payment is required, we collect it at the time of your visit. Self-pay patients must pay in full at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard. If you have questions regarding your bill, please contact our business office at 804-521-9300 or 800-732-7072.
Referrals and Medical Records
In order to ensure an effective and coordinated approach to your overall health care, it is important that we receive all relevant medical records from you or your referring physician prior to your appointment. Your records are confidential and will not be released without your signed consent.
MyChart offers Bon Secours’ patients free personalized online access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to manage and receive information about your health – online, any time.
With MyChart you can:
- Send a message to your doctor
- Request an appointment
- View your health summary
- View lab results
- Request prescription refills
Our comprehensive services include:
- Early detection for arthritis/osteoporosis
- Patient education and prevention techniques
- Joint injections
- Evaluation of children and adults with prolonged joint pain, weakness, rash, or fever
- Diagnosis and management of common and rare rheumatic diseases
- Specialized expertise and active research interests in rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis and localized scleroderma
- Treatment of the following diseases:
- Gout (prevention of flare)
- Sjögerns (management of dry eyes and dry mouth)
- Inflammatory muscle disease (diagnosis, management and prevention of organ damage)