Bon Secours UVA Neurointerventional Surgery is an outpatient clinic that cares for patients with blood vessel disorders of the brain, neck and spine.
Our interventional neuroradiologists, or neurointerventional surgeons, treat brain and spine conditions with minimally invasive techniques. They move very small tubes through veins and arteries to treat vascular conditions or destroy tumors. These procedures require only tiny incisions at the wrist or groin. That means fewer complications and a shorter recovery time than traditional surgery.
We understand that many of the conditions we treat can be stressful for our patients. That’s why we offer all patients warm and compassionate care. Our clinic is open five days a week and our physicians are always available to answer questions. We hope to minimize stress for both patients and their families at every step of the way.
Diagnostic imaging of the brain and spine, as well as procedures, are performed in our state-of-the-art biplane neuro-angiography suite. Our physicians are all faculty members at the University of Virginia and have over 20 years of collective experience with minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Why Choose Us?
- Our minimally invasive techniques mean shorter recovery times and fewer complications.
- We have the most state-of-the-art equipment and offer the newest advancements in treatment
- Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is a Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- All procedures in our practice are performed by board-certified physicians, not by physicians-in-training.
- Through our affiliation with the University of Virginia, we can offer access to the latest research trials.
Parking is conveniently located. Free valet parking is also available.
Our clinic is pleased to provide second opinions. Imaging performed from other centers can be reviewed by our physicians before your appointment.
In some cases, a referral is not necessary.