Open Arms Hospice provides quality, compassionate care to patients with a life-limiting illness and support for the caregiver and family. Our goal is to enable patients to live each day comfortable and free from pain and symptoms.
Open Arms Hospice is the operating hospice of the McCall Hospice House of Greenville
- Is a department of Bon Secours
- Is a non-profit agency
- Serves Greenville, Spartanburg, Laurens, Pickens and Anderson counties
- Serves patients from age 18 and above
- Is accredited by The Joint Commission demonstrating continued compliance with national standards for safety and quality patient care.
Our in-home hospice program returns the natural process of dying to the home, amid familiar surroundings and the comforting presence of family while supplementing care provided in the location the patient calls home. This includes scheduled in-home visits by the hospice team: physicians, nursing staff, social workers, chaplains, personal care aides and hospice volunteers.
24-hour 7 day a week coverage is available for emergency and support care.
We offer bereavement support for the caregiver, family or loved ones begin before the patient’s death. For 13 months following the patient’s death, support is provided by phone calls and mailings.
A bereavement counselor is available for home visits and added individual support.
Bereavement Support Groups are provided through out each year. Groups is designed for anyone who is suffering with the loss of a loved one .and meet in six-week sessions.
For more information on support groups and our next session, please call 864-688-1700.
Insurance and Payment Information
- Hospice services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, VA and most private insurance carriers
- Open Arms Hospice accepts eligible patients regardless of their ability to pay
Anyone can make a referral to Open Arms Hospice by calling 864-688-1700
A hospice representative will assist with obtaining the required information for an evaluation and admission to hospice if eligible.
Open Arms Hospice works with over 100 trained volunteers. We have countless opportunities for you to be a part of making the final days special for the hundreds of patients that pass through our services each year.
Volunteering opportunities include but not limited to:
- Clerical duties in the hospice office
- Greeting visitors and answering the phone in the McCall Hospice House
- In-home visits with patients for support, companionship or assisting with errands. Our patients often enjoy things such as watching TV, playing cards or board games, a volunteer reading to them or just a simple conversation.
- Maintaining our birdfeeders or indoor plants and flowers
- Caring for our gardens and courtyard
- Assembling packets, mailings, patient care bags and more
- The bakery team helps us celebrate patient birthdays by baking cakes and other goodies
For more information on becoming a part of our team of volunteers, please call 864-688-1700