Cardiac Surgery Specialists — Mechanicsville Virginia
We foster a comprehensive heart surgery program, advancing surgical options for patients to include the latest in cardiac technology, minimally invasive techniques and robotics.
Patients have access to the most advanced technology available, including the da Vinci Robotics equipment for robotic assisted surgeries.
Cardiac Surgery Specialists treat patients with a full range of cardiac services in a compassionate, healing environment.
Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
Our heart surgeons perform minimally invasive robotic heart surgery, using state-of-the-art technology. The da Vinci Surgical System uses a powerful computer interface, miniaturized instruments and 3D vision magnified 10x, leading to greater benefits for patients, compared to those offered by open heart surgery.
These benefits include:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain and scarring
- Less risk of wound infections
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities and lifestyles
Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG) is the most common cardiac surgical procedure, with more than 350,000 performed in the United States every year. The goal of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery is to provide more blood flow to the heart.
We perform the following procedures in treating our patients:
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Integrated Coronary Revascularization combining Robotic Surgery and Stenting
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting to repair and replace faulty valves
Valve Repair and Replacement Surgery
Surgery on the heart valves is the second most common cardiac surgical procedure performed. Cardiac Surgery Specialists employ the most innovative techniques.
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement
Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
Our surgeons use the following procedures to treat aneurysms – potentially deadly bulges that form in arteries.
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Aortic Endograft Procedures
- Surgery for Thoracoa Abdominal Aneurysms
Our surgeons are skilled in the placement of Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) and heart transplants.