Amelia Medical Associates offers comprehensive care for adults. This includes well-woman care, ongoing care for men, annual and pre-surgical physicals, college and sports physicals, and management of ongoing medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol.
Designated Patient-Centered Medical Home
The Patient-Centered Medical Home is an approach to providing comprehensive primary care through all stages of life with a team of people who will care for your every need and navigate you through confusing health care issues. Practices designated as a Patient-Centered Medical Home go above and beyond to:
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for ongoing care of patients
- Be accessible to patients on short notice for expanded hours and open-access scheduling
- Conduct consultations through MyChart and telephone
- Maintain updated electronic personal health record
- Conduct regular check-ups with patients to identify health crises and initiate treatment/prevention measures before costly, last-minute emergency procedures are required