Temporary Visitor Restrictions
For the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities, we are limiting visitors in our facilities.
Doulas and clergy are not counted towards the visitor totals for patients.
Current visitor guidelines are as follows:
All admitted, Emergency Department, procedural, and surgical patients
Women in labor, mother/baby, NICU
Pediatric patients under 12
COVID positive/patients under investigation (PUI’s):
- Visitation is permissible, particularly for patients at end-of-life.
- Visitation will require full PPE regardless of vaccination status, including a face covering, gown, gloves, and eye protection. Staff will assist the visitor with proper donning and doffing of this equipment.
- Visits must be approved by the nursing supervisor and/or other members of the patient’s health care team.
- Visitors should remain masked inside our facilities; this includes patient rooms.
- No visitors are allowed under 15 years of age.
- Community clergy/spiritual support allowed and not included as the one visitor.
- Patients with disabilities who require assistance because of their disability are allowed one designated support person (DSP) per day for the duration of their stay. A DSP does not exclude or prohibit a visitor, as above.
Older visitors and those with comorbid conditions associated with increased risk of COVID-19 are encouraged to avoid visitation
Bon Secours continues to monitor the latest data trends in our facilities and communities to ensure visitation polices and services provided are appropriate to keep patients, visitors, associates and providers safe. In addition to completing universal screening checks for all associates, patients and visitors, Bon Secours continues to implement physical distancing in congregate settings, and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas.
The following precautions will be asked of all visitors:
- All visitors will have a temperature check and appropriate symptom/exposure screening prior to entry to the facility. Visitors presenting with a fever or symptoms suggestive of possible COVID-19 infection (per current CDC recommendations) will not be permitted to enter.
- All visitors must comply with universal masking, social distancing, hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Visitors are encouraged to remain in patient’s rooms and to alert nursing staff when they are leaving.
We recognize that this can be disappointing to our visitors, patients and residents, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health of you and our patients/residents is our top priority.
Our gift shop is open Mon-Fri: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Phone orders or questions, please contact us at: 804-281-8250
You can place orders online at the gift shop here.
Our café is located on the main floor of the hospital and is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to serve all visitors.