HealThy Self at St. Francis Millennium gives you the tools to a healthier life. HealThy Self is different from a standard gym; we’re staffed with medical professionals who share a passion for empowering our clients to take charge of their health. Physical activity and nutrition can help prevent or manage such chronic illnesses as heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and HealThy Self gives you the tools you need to make a positive change in your health.
Membership to HealThy Self includes use of the entire specially designed facility, with modern weight and cardio equipment and a walking track. Group fitness classes for balance and conditioning are also available.
Fitness and Weight Loss Programs
We provide structured, 12-week Physician Guided Weight Loss and Medical Fitness programs to give you real results. The program begins with a visit with your primary care physician at the beginning of the program to get baseline health data and to be cleared for exercise. The Weight Loss team meets weekly to review participant progress and periodic updates are sent to your primary care physician. New measurements are done every four weeks with the exercise specialist and adjustments are made to your program as needed for you to get the most benefit from the program. At the end of the program, one of the team members meets with you to review your progress, and discuss recommendations for moving forward.
The programs include:
- Regular educational and counseling sessions with a registered dietitian
- 12-week membership to HealThy Self fitness center
- Equipment orientation at HealThy Self
- Custom workout plan developed and supervised by our exercise specialists
- Grocery store tours and educational classes that you can attend for additional information and support
The Physician Guided Weight Loss program costs just $500.
The program has proven results:
- Average weight lost and decrease in BMI: 4 to 5 percent
- Average inches lost: 10
- Average drop in cholesterol: 10 points
- Average drop in blood pressure: 10 points
- Average drop in HbA1c: 5 percent