Sacred SpaceThe Chapel is located off the lobby at the main entrance of St. Francis Nursing center. It is open 24 hours a day. There is a space for reflection in the courtyard area, with the most pastoral setting being by the stained glass windows of the chapel.
- Catholic Mass is televised on Channel 21 on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. For more information please check the monthly calendar on the chapel door.
- We also offer a Catholic Mass on Sundays at 3 p.m., and Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 a.m.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers bring Communion to Catholic residents several times a week.
- Interdenominational spiritual services are held on Sunday afternoons in the dining room at 3 p.m.
- A "Good Word" interdenominational chapel service is also held on Wednesday mornings at 11:00 a.m. in the Bernadine day room for residents and families.
- An interdenominational communion service is available to residents upon request.
- The Discussions of Life group session is every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. in the chapel.
Support Group: Dealing with Loss
This support group on dealing with loss can help individuals or small groups deal with losses of daily living, including the loss of a home, loss of independence, loss of pets, loss of ability to walk etc. For more information, or to schedule a meeting please contact the chaplain's office at 757-886-6508.
- Offer on-going resident/family visits
- Assist residents with Advance Care Planning questions, upon request
- Provide on-call availability on most day hours. After day hours, the Mary Immaculate Hospital chaplain on duty will respond to emergencies needs.
- Collaborate with medical staff regarding resident care planning
- Respond to physician, staff, family, and clergy referrals for spiritual care
- Offer spiritual support for residents and families facing uncertainty regarding medical conditions and procedures
- Respond to ethical concerns and questions
- Help with Hospice care issues and concerns
- Provide spiritual care literature
- Address spiritual pain issues
Contacting a Chaplain
A chaplain may be reached by asking a staff member to page the chaplain on-call. The pastoral care office is in the nursing center lobby.