No matter how many times you wash your hands or cover your cough, germs and bacteria are everywhere. If you get sick, the infectious disease specialists at Bon Secours are here for you and your family to help you get back to healthy.
Infectious diseases can be caused by bacteria, fungi or viruses. They can be easily spread from person to person, through contact with animals or with contaminated food or water. The most common symptom of an infectious disease is a fever, and symptoms can range from mild to severe.
Diagnosis is the key to treatment, and we use state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care for you and your family to help you feel better.
Tips for Prevention
- Stay up to date on all vaccinations
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Store and cooking food correctly
- Sanitize surfaces you come in contact with often (like the kitchen or bathroom)
- Don’t share personal items like toothbrushes and eating utensils
- Wash and bandage all cuts and scrapes
- Avoid touching wild animals and keep your pet’s vaccinations up-to-date
- Check with your doctor about precautions before traveling (especially out of the country)
Getting an infectious disease can be scary, but the team of doctors and specialists at Bon Secours are here for you from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. Our team of specially trained health care professionals work with our vast network of facilities to make sure you are receiving the care you need and deserve. From tetanus and pneumonia to staph infections and food poisoning, we’re here to get you back to an active, healthy life as soon as possible.
Find an infectious disease specialist near you
Infectious Disease Locations Near You
Our locations that can treat you