Marriottsville, MD- (August 8, 2018) — Bon Secours Health System was recognized by BlackDoctor.org, a leading health and wellness online destination for African Americans, as one of its 2018 Top Hospitals for Diversity. Hospitals on this distinguished list are chosen for delivering quality care at the highest level, while promoting equity and inclusion in their operations, programs, services, and staffing.
"It’s an honor to be recognized by BlackDoctor.org," stated Gloria Goins, Bon Secours Health System’s chief diversity and inclusion officer. “Bon Secours recognizes that our future success will be built by recognizing and embracing each individual’s gifts and talents and serving all people with dignity and respect.”
In highlighting the significance of the top hospitals list, BlackDoctor.org CEO Reginald Ware said, "Our 30 million plus audience places a great importance upon cultural competency and sensitivity when it comes to the entire healthcare delivery system. Our users have expressed a strong desire for us to point them in the right direction to providers and companies who excel in these areas. Organizations who are working hard to see that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of race or creed, are highlighted here. This important list is our means of recognizing the best institutions, while also paying homage to those values.”
The critical areas of assessment that led to this distinction by BlackDoctor.org experts, executives, and editors include:
- Recognition of the institution among and by other leading hospitals.
- Commitment to the American Hospital Association's Equity of Care Pledge.
- Recognized delivery of quality healthcare services.
- Inclusive and diverse clinical and administrative staff.
- Persons of color and women represented at the highest levels‑including the board of directors and senior‑level executives.
- Culturally competent medical and professional staff.
- Significant investment and profile in community health programs and initiatives.