Last Updated March 24, 2020
On January 21, we announced we had made the very difficult decision to close Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital (OLBH), system-owned care sites and its physician network Bellefonte Physician Services. On February 20, we announced we will no longer offer acute care services at OLBH after April 30. All hospital-based patient care – including emergency services – will end at OLBH by April 30, and EMS will be notified that no patients will be accepted after that date. Medical Records in the hospital facility will remain open to patients beyond April 30. Thank you for allowing us to care for you for more than 60 years.
We will use this site to keep our patients updated on our wind-down process, closure dates and next steps.
Service End Dates
Exiting a market is a complex process, and we are making decisions based on how we can best manage transitions for both patients and associates. When decisions are made regarding timing and affected services, we commit to sharing information as soon as possible.
We have identified the following service end dates:
- Occupational Medicine – February 14
- Outpatient Electromyography (EMG) testing – February 19
- Cornerstone Medical Plaza’s Imaging and Lab services – February 21 (Primary care services at Cornerstone remain open at this time.)
- OLBH Cath Lab Services – February 28
- Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU) – February 28
- Firm Fitness at Bellefonte Pavilion – February 28
- Lung Navigation Program – March 2
- OLBH Imaging Center (Bellefonte Centre location) – March 6
- OLBH Second Floor Lab – March 13
- OLBH Sleep Center – March 27
- Infusion Services – March 27
- OLBH Women’s Center – March 20
- Behavioral Health Center – March 20
- Campus Shuttle Service – March 25
- Diabetes & Wound Care Center – March 31
- All elective surgical procedures including elective endoscopies – March 31
- Retail pharmacy – March 31 - The last day to fill and pick up prescriptions will be April 1. At closing, all records will be available for transfer to a pharmacy of your choice. Please call 606-833-3510 to transfer remaining prescriptions.
- Valet Services – March 31
As part of the overall closure of OLBH, all Bellefonte Physician Service practices (those owned by the health system) will also close. Many of the physicians and providers at these practices plan on staying in the region either with other health systems or as independent physicians. The most recent information regarding closing dates and, when known, new provider locations can be found by clicking here. For specific questions, we ask that you contact your physician or practice directly.
There is no immediate need to retrieve your medical records as they’ll be available to you beyond the closure date of OLBH. You can request copies of your medical records by contacting OLBH’s Health Information Management Office. The Health Information Management Office within the hospital can assist you with copies of your records if you need them urgently, but the department will remain open past the hospital closure date of April 30.
Health Information Management (HIM) Office
1000 St. Christopher Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
Phone: 606-833-3141 Option 1
To have your medical records sent to a provider of your choice, a record release form will need to be completed. Additionally, your medical records will be available to you for several years beyond OLBH’s closure. More information will be made available on this site when long-term plans are established.
We partner with The Work Number for all associate employment and income verification services. It’s a convenient, secure, and easily available resource for all formerly employed associates.
Employer Code: 12925