Last Updated February 21, 2020
On January 21, we announced we had made the very difficult decision to close Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital (OLBH), system-owned care sites and its physician network Bellefonte Physician Services. On February 20, we announced we will no longer offer acute care services at OLBH after April 30. All hospital-based patient care – including emergency services – will end at OLBH by April 30, and EMS will be notified that no patients will be accepted after that date. Medical Records in the hospital facility will remain open to patients beyond April 30. Thank you for allowing us to care for you for more than 60 years.
We will use this site to keep our patients updated on our wind-down process, closure dates and next steps.
Service End Dates
Exiting a market is a complex process, and we are making decisions based on how we can best manage transitions for both patients and associates. When decisions are made regarding timing and affected services, we commit to sharing information as soon as possible.
We have identified the following service end dates:
- Occupational Medicine – February 14
- Outpatient Electromyography (EMG) testing – February 19
- Cornerstone Medical Plaza’s Imaging and Lab services – February 21 (Primary care services at Cornerstone remain open at this time.)
- OLBH Cath Lab Services – February 28
- Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU) – February 28
- Firm Fitness at Bellefonte Pavilion – February 28 - Members should stop by the front desk or call (606) 324-0339 for information on refunds.
- Lung Navigation Program – March 2
- OLBH Imaging Center (Bellefonte Centre location) – March 6
- OLBH Sleep Center – March 27
- Infusion Services – March 27
- OLBH Women’s Center – March 20
- Diabetes & Wound Care Center – March 31
- All elective surgical procedures including elective endoscopies – March 31
There is no immediate need to retrieve your medical records as they’ll be available to you beyond the closure date of OLBH. You can request copies of your medical records by contacting OLBH’s Health Information Management Office. The Health Information Management Office within the hospital can assist you with copies of your records if you need them urgently, but the department will remain open past the hospital closure date of April 30.
Health Information Management (HIM) Office
1000 St. Christopher Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
Phone: 606-833-3141 Option 1
To have your medical records sent to a provider of your choice, a record release form will need to be completed. Additionally, your medical records will be available to you for several years beyond OLBH’s closure. More information will be made available on this site when long-term plans are established.