- 7.26.22 Student Communication
- 3.7.22 Student Communication
- 1.5.22 Student Communication
- 11.18.21 Student Communication
- 10.26.21 Student Communication
- 9.13.21 Student Communication
- 8.12.21 Student Communication
- 5.14.20 Student Communication
- 3.27.20 Student Communication
- 3.17.20 Student Communication
- 3.12.20 Student Communication
- 3.3.20 Student Communication
- 3.2.20 Student Communication
SOMI Students Returning to Campus after COVID Illness or Exposure
COVID-19 is a rapidly changing situation. Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe, healthy and informed is our top priority. We continue to be diligent in updating our FAQ, resources and support for the SOMI community in this difficult and unprecedented tim
Is the School open?
Yes, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital School of Medical Imaging will continue to operate during regular business hours.
Are students allowed to come on campus for the Spring 2021 semester?
Yes, classes and clinical operates as normal; however, entry to the building is limited to suite 1100 only.
How can I access the library?
The librarian will be onsite in the Learning Commons/Library every Monday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. to assist you in person during your scheduled visit. As always, please feel free to contact the librarian for research help, full text articles, Athens assistance and general questions by phone, email, or virtual meeting, during her normal office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The librarian can be reached at 804-627-5340 or by email:
How can I return my library books to the College?
Books can be dropped off Monday – Friday between 8am and 4pm in the marked bin by the front door (suite 1100) for the receptionist to retrieve. Books will be quarantined for an appropriate period before re-circulating.
How can students effectively take notes without printing access?
We realize some of you are used to printing notes; however, consider the following strategies:
- As you watch the PowerPoint lecture, capture key points electronically in the notes section of the PowerPoint document.
- Pause the video lecture when necessary to write notes.
- Write your notes on paper using categories and topics, this can help you identify what you need to review
- For additional note taking tips and strategies contact your advisor.
Is there a resource to contact if I am feeling anxious about the COVID-19 situation?
If you are experiencing increased anxiety related to COVID-19 or if you need individual confidential counseling, please log into MyLifeExpert (free 24/7 access). Visit https://mylifeexpert.com/login and enter the company code (ask your advisor for the code), your student email, and create a unique user name if you're a first time user.
What should I do if I'm not getting text messages from the School with important updates?
Please update your Student Portal Account to ensure we have your most recent and accurate contact information.
How is the School keeping students, faculty and staff informed?
Direct communications will be sent to the School community as needed and posted to the School’s website www.mysomi.org Coronavirus updates tab
How is Bon Secours Mercy Health involved in planning and response?
Bon Secours Mercy Health continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Please visit the Bon Secours Monitoring Coronavirus page for more information.
Is there a number or email I can use to ask questions?
Please call 804-627-5300 or send an email to
if you have additional concerns or questions.