what you can expect from palliative medicineExpertise in:
- managing complex physical and emotional symptoms
- close communication including family meetings and patient/family counseling
- navigating the healthcare system
- guidance with difficult and complex treatment choices
- assisting with establishing goals of care
- emotional and spiritual support for you and your family that focuses on the entire person, not just the illness.
If you are interested in receiving palliative care services then ask! It’s never too early to talk to the doctor about palliative care. Tell your family, friends and caregivers that you want palliative care. Ask your doctor for a referral.