Bon Secours is committed to bringing people to health and wholeness through medical and spiritual resources. Through our professional team of caregivers, Bon Secours provides services designed to address the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. Our spiritual-care programs focus on the spiritual dimensions of health and illness. Through the various activities and programs of Spiritual Care Services, we journey with patients, families, staff, physicians, and the community toward healing, laced with compassion, leading all to liberation.
Ministry Outreach Services provide a compassionate spiritual care and hospitality presence for all who enter our hospitals, including physicians, staff, and members of the clergy as they minister to our patients and families. Conveying the message that Bon Secours is a Catholic organization, strongly rooted in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, Ministry Outreach seeks to offer personal contact, active listening, advocacy, and hospitality.
Bon Secours Health System Pastoral Care Department and its chaplains commit to:
- Provide service to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Offer sacramental ministry
- Assist with advance medical directives
- Support opportunities for spiritual reflection
- Connect you with your own clergy or faith community as you desire
- Provide confidential counsel to you and your family
- Present opportunities for corporate worship
- Refer you to appropriate religious resources and other materials
- Pray with you!
24-hour emergency service is available to you. Please dial (804) 287-PRAY , or ask the operator to page the chaplain on call.