top choices for new parents
- Birthing Center Tour Dates
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Cesarean Birth
- A class designed especially for parents who are scheduled for a cesarean delivery. Cesarean topics are also covered in Confident Childbirth.
- New! Accelerated Confident Childbirth
- An abbreviated 6 hour/1 day class with a more medical focus (natural techniques are more fully covered in the standard 10 hour Confident Childbirth class). Scholarships available.
- Confident Childbirth
- Scholarships available, call 804-545-1958 for more information.
- Teen Labor Basics
- Available for 15-19 yr olds
- Congratulations! You’re Pregnant!
- Including what to do and what to avoid
- First Steps for Fathers
- Expectant Dads only. A great class to learn the basics from an experienced father.
- Happiest Baby on the Block - Classes held at St. Mary's Hospital
- Infant and Child CPR
- Covers CPR and choking
- Newborn Care and Safety (2 Part Series)
- Preparing Your Pet for Your New Arrival
- St. Mary's location only
Breastfeeding and going back to work? Wondering how to make it all work?
A Woman’s Place Lactation Center in Innsbrook has a brand new class designed to help you make a plan for returning to work and breast feeding. This hour long planning session will cover preparing your employer, breastfeeding/work laws, information about pumping and milk storage, tips for a smoother transition and your personal pumping plan. Learn more
NEW PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS!
In partnership with Commonwealth Parenting, we are happy to announce new and expectant parent support groups! Dad Chat - Just for Dads and Nobody Told Me - Just for Moms. Click here for more details!